A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) or any other form of plastic surgery is a big decision and shouldn’t be one that’s made lightly. You have several aspects to consider such as why you want the procedure and choosing the right plastic surgeon for the job. These are important parts of the cosmetic surgery process.
So, before you go under the knife, ask yourself these questions to avoid unnecessary concerns later:
- Do I want a tummy tuck to improve my self-confidence or am I considering plastic surgery to please someone else?
- Have I tried losing weight through diet and exercise? If so, am I close to my goal weight but still struggle with loose, sagging skin?
- Am I done having children?
- Am I healthy enough to have invasive surgery and go under general anesthesia?
- Do I have the time available for recovery?
- Do I have a friend or family member that can help me after my tummy tuck?
- What are my expectations for my final results?
- Have I done enough research into the tummy tuck process?
- Is my chosen plastic surgeon board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Have I looked at the before and after gallery of my plastic surgeon?
Arguably, the biggest decision you’ll make about your tummy tuck procedure is the plastic surgeon who will perform it. Dr. Chiaramonte is board-certified and specializes in abdominoplasties and breast augmentation. In the past, he was a plastic surgery instructor at Johns Hopkins and has been published in several medical journals.
If you’re interested in a tummy tuck, please contact Dr. Chiaramonte in Maryland today at 301-567-6767 to schedule your consultation. Bella Cosmetic Surgery serves clients in Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland.