Modern advances in cosmetic laser technology allow you to address a wide range of skin conditions and aesthetic goals safely and effectively. At Bella Cosmetic Surgery, our Med Spa offers a variety of laser skin resurfacing treatments to help you look and feel your best. These nonsurgical procedures offer immediate results and little downtime.
Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to reduce and eliminate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without the hassles associated with other treatments. Our Sciton lasers are widely viewed as some of the most advanced aesthetic lasers on the market today, offering highly customizable and relatively painless results.
You can learn more about the laser skin resurfacing options we offer and receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Chiaramonte in person. Please call 301-567-6767 today to schedule a consultation.
How Can Laser Skin Resurfacing Help Me?
Laser skin resurfacing can address a wide variety of skin imperfections, including:
- Aged or wrinkled skin – Surface layers of aged or sun-damaged skin can be removed, allowing healthier, younger skin to take its place.
- Age spots, freckles and surface veins – Using a broadband light attachment, our Sciton laser system can reduce or eliminate age spots, small facial veins (telangiectasias), rosacea, freckles and brown spots.
- Loose, sagging skin – The Sciton laser can be used to address underlying collagen in the skin to effectively tighten sagging on your face, neck, arms, abdomen and other body areas.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Options We Offer
Dr. Chiaramonte and the Spa Bella staff have personally evaluated the results of our Sciton laser treatments, and we have specifically chosen to utilize this system because of its safety, efficient performance and versatility.
This state-of-the-art technology allows us to offer several treatment options, including:
- Profractional laser treatments – This advanced carbon dioxide laser can accurately pinpoint problem areas of the skin without disturbing normal, healthy tissue. In addition, it can smooth and soften fine lines and wrinkles without the use of scalpels or stitches, eliminating the scarring and bruising associated with more invasive procedures. Within a few weeks of your treatment, your skin’s youthful beauty and natural glow will be restored.
- Microlaser peel treatments – Microlaser peel treatments remove dead and damaged surface layers of skin to facilitate deep skin rejuvenation. Your treatment is customized to address your unique skin condition and is an effective option to correct wrinkles, scars, keratoses or pigmentation issues. You’ll experience immediate results with minimal downtime.
In addition, we offer laser hair removal treatments to safely and effectively eliminate unwanted hair. We use the Light Sheer diode laser system, which is effective for all skin types.
How Long Does a ProFractional™ Laser Treatment Take?
A ProFractional™ laser treatment is a relatively quick and easy procedure. Depending on the number of areas being treated, the procedure can last anywhere from 40-60 minutes. Before your treatment, a numbing cream is applied to make the procedure more comfortable.
How Long Is a MicroLaser Peel Treatment Session?
A MicroLaser Peel session usually takes around 30-40 minutes to complete. The amount of time the procedure takes depends on the size of the treatment area. For example, if treating both the face and neck, the procedure will be closer to 40 minutes long.
ProFractional™ Laser vs. MicroLaser Peel: How Do I Know Which Is Better for Me?
Although both ProFractional™ and MicroLaser Peel treatments behave similarly, they remove skin differently.
The MicroLaser Peel removes a thin layer of the epidermis, helping to smooth out fine lines and even out the surface of the skin. Since the treatment only affects a superficial layer of skin, it heals relatively quickly. It is ideal for patients who have mild wrinkles, scars, or sun damage.
In contrast, the ProFractional™ Laser treatment removes small portions of the skin, leaving healthy gaps between the treated areas, almost like a polka dot pattern. However, this treatment penetrates a little deeper, about halfway through the dermis, to directly stimulate collagen production. This powerful treatment is best for patients that have moderate wrinkles, dark scars, and hyperpigmentation.
Combining these two treatments is a popular option for those who want longer lasting results. This not only helps even out the texture of your skin, but also restores a youthful radiance to your face.
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Generally, an ideal candidate for laser skin resurfacing must be in overall good health with realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedure. In addition, you may also be a good candidate if you have:
- Skin with fine wrinkles and sun damage
- Skin with a leather-like texture
- Wrinkles around the eyes and mouth
- Acnes scars, dark spots, or blotchy patches of skin
Laser skin resurfacing may not be the ideal treatment for those with active acne or a dark skin tone, so contact Dr. Chiaramonte if you have any questions.
How Can I Prepare for a Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment at Bella Cosmetic Surgery?
There are a few things you can do to prepare for your laser skin resurfacing treatment. First, avoid excessive sun exposure. UV rays are the number one factor in aging skin, so make sure you are protected if you have to be outside for more than 30 minutes. A wide-brimmed hat is preferable.
Second, stop applying skin care products to your face. Certain creams, lotions, etc. may have an adverse reaction with your skin during and immediately after the treatment. To reduce the risk of complications, wash your face with warm water.
Finally, if you smoke, try to stop smoking for a few weeks before and after the surgery. Nicotine can interfere with your body’s healing process and can inhibit collagen synthesis.
Contact Our Maryland Med Spa
Dr. Chiaramonte and the Spa Bella staff can recommend the right laser skin resurfacing treatment for your unique needs and goals. Please call 301-567-6767 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia.