There are very few experiences in life as rewarding, or as challenging, as motherhood. Raising children requires a great deal of hard work and sacrifice, and you'll often find that you must put their needs in front of yours. While these sacrifices are well worth the effort, they can often take a toll on your body as you neglect your own sleep, nutrition and exercise to make sure your children have what they need.
The sacrifices you make in your daily life will compound the impact to your body caused by pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, making it much more challenging to find the time and energy necessary to restore the figure you enjoyed prior to having children. If you've struggled to regain your pre-pregnancy figure, a mommy makeover may be an excellent option for you.
At Bella Cosmetic Surgery, we can create a customized mommy makeover plan that will help you counteract the effects pregnancy and childbirth have on your body. You can learn about your options and receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Michael Chiaramonte in person. Please call 301-567-6767 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
Your body typically undergoes many changes as a result of pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding:
- Abdominal muscles my become stretched and in some instances may even tear
- You may have excess skin and fat in the abdominal region
- Stretch marks may develop around your abdomen or on your breasts
- Breasts may lose volume and start to sag
- Weight gained during pregnancy, often referred to as "baby weight," may be difficult to lose after childbirth
A mommy makeover consists of a series of plastic surgery procedures performed to help you counteract these changes to your body and restore your pre-pregnancy figure. Depending on your unique needs and goals, Dr. Chiaramonte may recommend a one or more of the following procedures as part of your mommy makeover:
By combining these procedures into one operation, a mommy makeover helps reduce downtime and minimize the recovery period, which is essential for a busy mother with a multitude of responsibilities associated with raising young children.
Am I a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
In general, ideal candidates for a mommy makeover:
- Are in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure
- Are near their ideal weight
- Have made a diligent effort to restore their pre-pregnancy figure by eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly
- Are finished having children (future pregnancies can adversely impact mommy makeover results)
- Do not smoke or are willing to quit smoking prior to the procedure and throughout the recovery period
- Are prepared to undergo a complex surgical procedure that may require extensive downtime during the recovery period
- Are committed to diligently following Dr. Chiaramonte's post-operative instructions to ensure proper healing
It's important to understand that you will have some physical limitations immediately following your mommy makeover. You will be limited in your ability to lift heavy objects for awhile, and you must gradually resume normal activities as your body is capable of handling this stress. If you have very young children, you may want to arrange for someone to help you with everyday household tasks for the first few weeks of your recovery.
What Can a Mommy Makeover Accomplish?
Just as pregnancy impacts every woman's body in a different way, the ability to bounce back from these changes is different for every woman. Some people seem like they regained their pre-pregnancy figure with ease after having children, while others may struggle to counteract the changes to their body even though they have spent countless hours at the gym. A mommy makeover can help you put the finishing touches on your efforts in order to restore a youthful, beautiful appearance.
By customizing your mommy makeover treatment plan, Dr. Chiaramonte can address the unique changes that have impacted your body as a result of pregnancy. This is the best way to ensure all of your goals are achieved by your procedure.
Many women experience the following benefits from their mommy makeover:
- Restoration of their pre-pregnancy figure
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved appearance in swimsuits and clothing
- A more youthful, vibrant appearance
Contact Our Maryland Plastic Surgeon
Please contact Bella Cosmetic Surgery using the form on this page or call 301-567-6767 today to schedule a mommy makeover consultation. We serve patients in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia.