Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in National Harbor Accepting New Patients Near Washington DC, Arlington, Fort Washington, Maryland & Virginia
Harbor Surgery Center And Bella Cosmetic Surgery Operating Conditions as of May 15, 2020 (in consideration of COVID-19)
As of 5pm on March 24th, 2020 Harbor Surgery Center and Bella Cosmetic closed, at the direction of the Governor, to all elective and non-urgent procedures. We understand this may have been an inconvenience, but we continue to put everyone’s safety first during these unprecedented times. With this ever-evolving situation we will constantly reassess the crisis and guidelines in order to help you stay informed as well as give more information on when we will be able to resume our normal schedule.
We want to assure you that we have and continue to conduct extensive cleaning, additional training when necessary for our staff, and constant monitoring of the CDC, FDA, MDH and WHO for the most up to date recommendations to resume in the safest manner possible.
We want you to understand what we are committed to:
- Making sure every employee and patient are screened prior to entering our office
- Cleaning all surfaces with FDA approved products prior to (and after) each patient encounter
- Washing our hands per the CDC guidelines before and after any contact with patients and, at a minimum, hourly when not providing care
- Each patient area will be fully stocked with the appropriate PPE
- Asking patients to wait in their vehicles until we have a room available for them
Our reopening plan will consist of three phases:
- Phase one: Scheduling of all patients who had a cancelled surgical procedure due to the March 24th shut down.
- Phase two: Contacting patients who have notified us they wish to schedule a procedure prior to the shut down, followed by those who have been in contact with us since March 24th. Scheduling of medical office procedures, as providers are available. Providers will be limited to one or two providers in the office per day.
- Phase three: Scheduling new patients who are interested in proceeding with a surgical procedure at Harbor Surgery Center.
- Phase four: Resume normal scheduling for all patients.
Conditions that will allow us to start:
PHASE ONE - We have all necessary PPE (personal protective equipment) on site and available. All staff have been trained and demonstrated competency on all updated policies. All staff and patients have been screened for COVID-19, prior to being scheduled. Processes are in place to safely care for surgical patients prior to arrival, during their procedure and after their procedure.
PHASE TWO - (In addition to all of phase one activities): We have procured enough PPE and staff to schedule and plan for a larger volume of patients.
PHASE THREE - (In addition to all of the phase one and two activities): We have a constant supply of PPE.
PHASE FOUR - Prince George’s County and the state of Maryland have lifted all restrictions relevant.
As a community, we must work together to minimize the impact of COVID-19. We continue to urge our employees and patients to practice the guidelines set forth by the CDC which can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html .
We thank you for your time and wish you all the best during this global pandemic and can’t wait to see you all soon!