When it comes to your breast augmentation procedure, there are certain factors you’ll need to consider to achieve the results you desire. While determining the type of breast implant—silicone or saline—is the first important factor; the shape of the implant is also essential for your breast augmentation. Maryland-based Dr. Michael Chiaramonte of Bella Cosmetic Surgery is a board-certified plastic surgeon that has the experience to give you the beautiful shape that’s best for you.
Whether you've always wanted fuller breasts, or you’re addressing breast asymmetry or a decrease in breast size after pregnancy or weight loss, Dr. Chiaramonte has the knowledge and skills to make your breast augmentation aspiration a reality. Deciding which breast implant shape is best depends on your anatomy and your ideal body image. The two main shapes offered are round and anatomical, each offering their own set of benefits.
Round Breast Implant Features:
- Symmetrical round shape
- No malformation of breast shape if they rotate inside the breast pocket
- Surfaces come in textured or smooth
- Generally less expensive than anatomical
- Look just as natural as anatomical
Anatomical/Contoured Breast Implant Features:
- Originally designed for breast reconstruction but now popular for cosmetic augmentation
- Before implantation, they appear oval-shaped from the front, and from the side have more volume at the bottom
- Feature a textured surface to promote tissue adherence and to prevent rotation
At Bella Cosmetic Surgery all of our available breast implants are safe and FDA-approved so you can enjoy peace of mind with your decision. Dr. Chiaramonte will discuss breast implant shapes with you and suggest the shape he determines to be best for you.
If you’re considering having breast augmentation surgery and live in Maryland, contact us at (301) 567-6767 to schedule a consultation today. Dr. Chiaramonte cares about getting your desired results and works with you to help you look and feel your best.