Did you know that in 2013 Botox was the most popular treatment performed in medical spas? It was also the most popular of all minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed in 2013. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, it was administered 6.3 million times during 2013, and this number is up 3% from 2012!
Here are a few reasons why it is such a popular procedure:
1. It’s easy! Sometimes referred to as a ‘lunchtime procedure,’ the process itself can be as quick as ten minutes and there is no recovery period required.
2. Results are long lasting. Although every person’s results are different, for many patients, the results can last up to four months.
3. Botox is proven. Scientists have known about its ability to reduce muscle spasms since the 1950’s and it has been used for cosmetic purposes since the 1970’s.
4. It has other benefits. One of its more commonly known uses is for the treatment of migraines, but it can also be used to treat strabismus, or crossed eyes. You can even use it to reduce sweating at the gym if you sweat excessively.
5. For someone who has a visible scar, it can help to diminish the scar’s appearance. In some cases it can even be used on scars from acne.
Talk to your plastic surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for Botox. Working with a qualified medical spa can help you achieve your aesthetic goals.