As you get older it may seem that the way you feel on the inside does not match how you look on the outside. Inside, you feel young and full of life, but outside, your face shows the effects of time through sagging skin, deep lines, and pronounced jowls. For many, a face lift is the answer.
Dr. Michael Chiaramonte of Bella Cosmetic Surgery has extensive experience with this procedure and has helped many people in Fairfax and surrounding areas turn back the clock with a rejuvenated appearance. But as with any surgery, there are certain aspects that determine candidacy set in place to minimize your risk and maximize your results. Factors and signs that make you good candidate for a face lift include:
- Age: Generally those between 40 to 70 years old are the best candidates
- Skin elasticity: Faces that show aging but still have a good elastic quality
- Health: In good general health, near ideal weight, and does not smoke
- Creases: Highly-defined creases and lines on the face
- Jowls: Loss of a defined jaw line
- Sagging skin: Pronounced sagging in the cheeks and neck
- Expectations: Has realistic expectations about procedure
A face lift may help with or eliminate many of the signs of aging, but does not fix every issue. During your consultation, Dr. Chiaramonte works with you to determine the best course to take for your specific goals. In some cases, you may benefit from eyelid surgery, chin augmentation, and a forehead lift to get the most out of your rejuvenation procedure.
If you’re interested in learning more about how a face lift will help you, contact Bella Cosmetic Surgery today at (301) 567-6767 to schedule a consultation. We proudly serve Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia including Alexandria and Fairfax.