Breast augmentation is an invasive surgery that can involve a number of procedures. Whether you're having a breast reduction, reconstruction or implants, you likely have dozens of questions. Write down all of your potential questions and come prepared to your initial consultation at our Maryland office.
There are a few important questions to ask before you decide to undergo any form of breast augmentation, such as:
1. Are You Board-Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
Staying up to date with new surgical techniques is a vital part of being a plastic surgeon. The American Board of Plastic Surgery makes sure every certified surgeon knows the latest safety and surgical protocols. Dr. Chiaramonte is not only board-certified, but he is a chairman for the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in South Maryland Hospital Center. He is also a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons and holds several other notable positions.
2. How Often Do You Perform Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is one of our plastic surgeon's most commonly performed procedures. One of the best ways to value Dr. Chiaramonte's work is by looking through before and after photos of previous patients who underwent the same surgery you're looking to have. You can rest assured that your surgery will be successful, and you can begin preparing for the operation.
3. How Can I Best Prepare For My Surgery And Recovery?
There are many ways you can prepare yourself for breast augmentation both mentally and physically. During your consultation, our plastic surgeon will go over the procedure details and what you should expect.
There are a few steps you can take to have your home recovery-ready for when the day of your surgery arrives including:
- Have a friend or family member available to help you to and from your appointment and for at least the first 24 hours post-surgery.
- Make sure there are plenty of nutritional meals prepared and ample fluids.
- Pick up any prescriptions before your surgery so they will be readily available.
- Have loose-fitting clothes for your surgery and at home.
- Make sure you have a number of pillows to keep your upper body elevated.
- Take time away from work to allow your body ample time to recover.
If you're interested in breast augmentation, call Bella Cosmetic Surgery in Maryland today at (301) 567-6767. Dr. Chiaramonte serves clients in Maryland, Washington D.C. and Alexandria and Fairfax, Virginia.