A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure which removes excess skin and fatty tissue from your middle and lower abdomen while simultaneously tightening and reworking the muscles in this area. The tummy tuck procedure is great for those who are looking to sculpt their midsection because of stubborn areas of fat and skin that won't respond to diet and exercise. Dr. Michael Chiaramonte, of Bella Cosmetic Surgery in Maryland, is a board-certified cosmetic surgeon with extensive experience with the tummy tuck procedure who can help you reach your aesthetic goals.
If you're interested in learning more about the getting a tummy tuck, contact Bella Cosmetic Surgery at (301) 567-6767 to schedule a consultation today. We happily serve those who live in and near National Harbor, Maryland, as well as the Washington D.C. and Virginia areas.
Dr. Chiaramonte can answer all of your tummy tuck questions during your consultation, but here are some questions and details to consider:
- Why Get a Tummy Tuck?
- The Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Am I a Candidate?
- Abdominoplasty Cost
- Contact a Maryland Tummy Tuck Specialist
Why Get a Tummy Tuck?
As we age our metabolism slows down, making it harder to burn off fat in areas of the body that are prone to fatty deposits. It's normal for our midsections to get a little bigger and our muscle tissue and skin to lose elasticity. But when diet and exercise fail to eliminate excess fat and tighten loose skin, a tummy tuck may be the solution to your abdominal issues.
There are many natural factors that play a role in the development of midsection protrusions. While you may stay active and watch what you eat, certain circumstances can still cause unsightly fat and loose skin to develop. These include:
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy your abdominal muscles and skin stretch and separate to allow room for your baby to grow. Many times women find it hard to regain the tightness in their midsection after childbirth, especially after multiple pregnancies.
- Weight loss: If you lose a significant amount of weight you may be left with loose, sagging skin and stretched abdominal muscles where the weight was lost. This can cause an aesthetically unpleasing result for those who worked so hard to get to a healthy weight.
- Genetics: The shape and tone of one's body is highly determined by their genetics. Some people may live a healthy life and exercise regularly but still be left with stubborn areas of fat in areas of the body, especially the midsection.
- Aging: As mentioned above, when we age our skin loses its natural elasticity and our muscles steadily weaken. This process can often have a significant impact on the abdominal region, leaving those with once sculpted stomachs with a flabby midsection.
Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that over 100,000 patients undergo abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) each year in the United States. With so many natural causes for abdominal protrusion, many people turn to a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Chiaramonte for assistance to achieve the flat belly they desire.
At Bella Cosmetic Surgery, we understand that not everyone's situation is the same and offer various procedures to help you reach your body goals. At our office we provide a combined treatment of abdominoplasty and liposuction called the Bella Body Lift for those with a surplus of fat, and we also often combine tummy tucks with breast augmentation and liposuction for a mommy makeover.
The Tummy Tuck Procedure
Your abdominoplasty will usually take 2 to 5 hours from start to finish, depending on the amount of work required. If you're having a partial tummy tuck procedure, you may only be in our office for an hour or two.
Dr. Chiaramonte will create a straight incision from your hip bone to the opposite hip bone, just above the groin area. Next, he gently lifts up the skin of the belly to expose the stomach muscles and proportionally sculpts your midsection. When finished, the operation does produce a non-removable scar. You will also go home with a support garment. In 2-5 weeks, you will feel well enough to go into work and return to your regular routines.
Am I a Candidate?
The decision to undergo plastic surgery is a significant one. At Bella Cosmetic Surgery, we trust in your thought process and we know you've done the hard work of researching relevant procedures and thought through the implications for you and your family.
During your consultation, Dr. Chiaramonte will listen to your goals and concerns and then conduct a thorough, professional examination to determine if a tummy tuck is right for you and your unique needs. At Bella Cosmetic Surgery, we are committed to your safety and wellbeing. This has always been our philosophy of cosmetic surgery.
A tummy tuck may be the right option if you are:
- Looking to remove excess fat and skin from the abdominal area
- Want to tighten loose abdominal muscles
- At or near your ideal bodyweight
- In excellent overall health
The tummy tuck procedure is not a weight loss procedure. It's best for patients who live a healthy lifestyle but can't seem to address aesthetic concerns related to their abdomen.
The average cost of tummy tuck operations at Bella Cosmetic Surgery is between $5,500 and $8,500, depending on the specifics of your procedure. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Chiaramonte today to talk more about your unique situation and to learn more about our financing options.
Contact a Maryland Tummy Tuck Specialist
To learn more about the benefits of a tummy tuck or any of our body contouring procedures, please contact Bella Cosmetic Surgery at (301) 567-6767 to request a personal consultation or schedule an appointment. We proudly serve those who live in the Maryland or Washington DC and Virginia areas.