If you have unwanted areas of fat on your body which causes you embarrassment, you’re not alone. Many people have stubborn areas of fat that don’t respond to diet and exercise. As we age, our body’s metabolism slows down and we naturally begin to store more fat. If you’re looking to address fat deposits around your body, liposuction may be the perfect solution for you. Our board-certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Michael Chiaramonte has extensive experience with this procedure and can help you achieve the results you desire for a leaner physique.
If you wish to learn more about the liposuction procedure and if it is the right treatment for you, contact Bella Cosmetic Surgery at 301-567-6767 to schedule a consultation. We proudly serve the National Harbor area of Maryland, as well as the Washington D.C., and Virginia areas.
How Does Liposuction Work?
Liposuction is a body contouring cosmetic procedure that removes excess fat deposits in areas all over the body. By improving your body’s contours and proportions, liposuction is an effective means for eliminating embarrassing pockets of fat to help you look and feel your best.
Liposuction can be used to eliminate fat deposits in areas of the body including:
- Abdomen and waist
- Hips and thighs
- Upper arms
- Chin, neck, and face
- Calves and ankles
The liposuction procedure involves just three steps to complete, which include:
- Anesthesia: To ease discomfort, anesthesia is administered prior to the surgical procedure. There are three options for anesthesia including general anesthesia, intravenous sedation, and local anesthesia. Dr. Chiaramonte will discuss with you what options are available and which would be best for your procedure.
- Incision: Dr. Chiaramonte makes a tiny incision in your body's target area. He will then insert a hollow, slender tube, called a cannula, into the incision. He will then suction out the fat deposits using a vacuum or syringe that is attached to the cannula.
- Recovery: Once completed, there may be some slight swelling in the areas of treatment. During your recovery you may be given a compression garment or elastic bands to wear over the treatment areas to help control the swelling and hold your skin to its new contours. The desired results are generally realized within three months, giving you a sleek and sculpted look.
Am I a Candidate for Liposuction?
While liposuction is a great way to eliminate stubborn areas of fat, not everyone is a candidate for this procedure. It’s important to know that liposuction is not intended as a weight loss treatment, and that you must be near or at a healthy weight to be considered as a candidate. This cosmetic surgery procedure is about contouring your physique and losing inches. When you have realistic expectations about your liposuction procedure, and have healthy practices in your life, your chance of success is much greater.
To be considered a good candidate for liposuction, it’s recommended you:
- Are an adult within 30 percent of your ideal weight
- Have firm, elastic skin, and good muscle tone
- Are healthy with no medical conditions or illnesses
- Do not smoke
- Have healthy, positive, and realistic expectations for your goals
At Bella Cosmetic Surgery, liposuction treatment begins at $4,000. For a more precise estimate, contact our Maryland office today to schedule your consultation. During your initial meeting, Dr. Chiaramonte will discuss your expectations and determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
Transforming Your Midsection With a Bella Body Lift
At Bella Cosmetic surgery, we understand that everyone’s situation is different, and that liposuction alone may not be enough to achieve the results you desire. For those people we offer the Bella Body Lift, which combines liposuction with abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
This special treatment is a transformative procedure for your entire midsection. Unlike a tummy tuck alone, or liposuction for your lower body, the Bella Body Lift focuses on your midsection by combining the two procedures into one and completing them both at once. Just like the tummy tucks and liposuction procedures, the best candidates for our Bella Body Lifts are men and women who are in relatively healthy shape and close to their ideal body weight.
Dr. Chiaramonte has proven experience with liposuction and the results to show for it. Please view our liposuction before and after gallery to see examples.
"I appreciate all your good work and the attention you gave to me while in your care. I haven’t felt this well in years." —C.Z.
"[I have] much appreciation for the dedication to my last procedure. Special thanks for the continued support." —A.T.
Contact Your Maryland Liposuction Specialist Today
For a complimentary consultation on liposuction please contact Bella Cosmetic Surgery at 301-567-6767 today. Dr. Chiaramonte will answer your questions about improving and enhancing your appearance and work with you from the start to achieve your body goals. We happily provide services to those who live in the National Harbor, Maryland area, as well as the Northern Virginia and Washington DC areas.